Monday 19 March 2018

Education kills my Dreams


Hey! How're you all? Inspired by the education system out there, I wrote something.. Let's see what it is :)

To the young victims out there
Victims of sentiments and the system
The system of education and its myths
The system of comparison
The system of imprisonment in the chaos of marksheet
The system of killing creativity
The system of cutting wings
The system of losing mind
The system of inproportionality
The system so dumb in life

Albert Einstein once said "Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"


Compare
Compare this with school students now
Don't you see that fish in them?
That fish who wants to swim deep into the sea
The bird who wants to fly deep into the sky
The warrior who wants to save the country's spirit
The boxer who wants to fight with all his might
The chef who wants to cook all his life

No no, look at Sharma Ji's son,
He is one of the top 10 IIT graduate this year
And, my son, doctors and engineers have a name is society
Infact CA and MBA can also gain fame
Now look what you want to do

To the dear education system out there,
I don't fear in being a part of you
But I fear in mugging up those books that I forget the next second after my exam
I fear going home and answering my mother on "Beta, test kaisa gaya? Kitne aayenge?"
I fear sitting on my table and thinking what I did to my life
I fear sleeping because of the big dreams I can never fulfill
I fear going to coaching because of the discrimination there
I even fear dying thinking of my younger sister's life just like mine

I want to study
I really want to understand how my body works
I really want to know why does the sun rise from the west

But instead, those books tell me to mug up that kinetic energy is 1/2mv2 and potential is mgh
It tells me to mug up the dimensions of sun, its distance from the Earth

Will these things help me? Of course they will
But can I nkt open the book and refer
Why to mug up?
Instead I could understand why do those little planets revolve around the sun

I am here to make a place in world, not to fit in the place you have created for me
Your system affects me and millions of lives directly
And I don't want to die out of it so instantly

Until the next,
Vidhi

No comments:

Post a Comment