Wednesday 31 May 2017

Promise

Hey people. All set? Sunny bunny!
Waiting for my Grade 10 Result which was to be announced today 🎲
Never mind, I bring you a heart touching poem by Lieke who I met a few days ago on Instagram (her username is mewierdo.poetry- Go follow her!). I was surfing through writers with unheard words and I found her. She is so amazing, and her poems are mind blowing. I loved one of her poems which illustrates a 2-sided story and so I decided to put it up on my blog. Why not to hear beautiful unheard words of unrecognized writers?
I promise, I will be doing this from now. I would post stuff of other marvelous writers too. I would grow them along with me. Let's grow the world people, do comment what you think.
So here's her poem...

I promised you
I made a promise
That I'd meet you over there
Under the tree🌲, behind the playground
We were going to talk.

Because we thought
Maybe this could be something more πŸ’‘

I'm sorry I didn't show,
But I couldn't πŸ™‡
I knew that when I would,
I won't be able to say this to you
We can't be something more,
I couldn't do that to you. πŸ’”

I'm sorry
But I made another promise
And that is, that I'll never hurt you πŸ’˜

You promised me
You made me a promise
To meet me right here.

Under the tree🌲, behind the playground,
I thought this could be something more. πŸ’‘

But you didn't show,
I don't think you ever will.πŸ™‡

But I'll just keep on waiting
Under the tree,
In he pouring rain πŸ’¦πŸ’§

Awesome, isn't it. Email me your stuff and I would post on my blog. And yes, do comment what you think of this poem.
Until the next,
Vidhi

No comments:

Post a Comment